Or is it learnt. I don’t know. Anyway, recently I took a trip around Italy. Spending a week to myself gave me some much needed time to think. Here are the things I realised during my trip:
1) If there are people who can design and construct the Duomo then I can start my dissertation. There is absolutely no comparison in the workload and I am just being lazy.
2) I shouldn’t feel bad about spending a few hours at the hostel/hotel or wherever I am staying. Sitting and resting for a few hours can help make somewhere a lot more enjoyable.
3) Happiness should be a priority.
4) The novelty of getting a boat everywhere gets boring pretty fast. Sorry Venice.
5) I would happily eat pizza on a daily basis (ok I already knew this one).
6) There are some really good people in the world.
7) Don’t run around trying to see all the sights in one day. One of my favourite moments in Italy was sitting by the Colosseum doing nothing for an hour.
8) Watching Italians communicate to each other is a wonderful experience.
9) There is a difference between being alone and being lonely.
10) Gelato solves everything.