I don’t do resolutions. I always thought if I wanted to change something, i would do it. Ridiculous because I am literally the laziest person ever. However, last year I decided to change that. I made a list of goals I wanted to achieve in 2016 and tbh, I done most of it. I found that it was a good way to focus on what I wanted to achieve and also to give my life some form of direction. Maybe it was because I found out I wow pregnant and wanted to sort of have my life together for him or maybe because ticking things off is the most satisfying thing ever. That and peeling stickers off new phones. *all the heart eye emojis*.
Well that was a nice ramble. Nice one Steph. So without further ado (is that an actual word) here are my goals for 2017.
- To apply for a masters. I got offered a place from my old university when my results came through but I couldn’t start it in September as a certain little boy wanted to arrive 10 days late and I hadn’t fully recovered by the course start date.
- To have an actual skincare routine. Like a proper one. Maybe I’ll get really good and have a separate daytime and night time one. Maybe.
- To get Spencer into a routine with his sleeping. He is occasionally going longer between feeds now so I feel it would be a good time to start a routine. So if anyone has any tips, hit me up. Please.
- To take Spencer on his first holiday. Again, advice would be appreciated.
- To read 20 books.
- To start cooking proper meals at least once a week. You know, unless I decide I wanna maintain that food baby.
- This ties in with the last one, but to actually lose most of my weight I gained during pregnancy.
- Walk at least 8000 steps a day.
- Do one kind thing a month. I did this every day throughout December and it made me feel really good so it’s something I would like to continue.
- Run a half marathon. Gotta have a semi optimistic goal…
- To actually maintain this blog.
- To save up half of a deposit for my own home.
- Learn a new language. I’m looking at learning Welsh or Norwegian this year.
- Always make time for my family and make sure I put them before anyone else.
I’m keeping this list fairly short because I get frustrated if I can’t achieve something so keeping it realistic because, you know, still lazy.